“The Road to Paris” is a term climate activists are using to call attention to the UN Climate Change Conference (COP21) held in Paris this coming December. The intention is to secure a legally binding global climate agreement to dramatically curb carbon emissions and accelerate the planet-wide shift to clean energy.
Diverse groups, organizations, corporations, businesses, and citizens, as well as religious and spiritual groups are joining together to put pressure on world leaders to sign a legally binding agreement in Paris.
Many climate scientists emphasize the urgency for us to come together this year … finally … as One Humanity/One Planet, to tackle the greatest challenge that we have ever faced: climate change.
Educate others! The more loudly we all speak up and also show up, the more pressure we put on our world leaders to sign a binding agreement in Paris.
“Politicians don’t create political will they respond to it”.
Citizens Climate Lobby (http://citizensclimatelobby.org/)
Help others wake up from thinking we’re powerless!
This is the most important time in the history of the planet.
Encourage others to participate and
help create the world we all want to live in
Let’s work together, speak up and create some political will.
For the beauty of all we love, especially the earth …
Just choose one thing to get involved in! Just one!! You’ll feel so much better, so much more empowered, to be working with others on the solutions. It makes all the difference in the world … literally.
Many websites make it easy to participate or get more info:
- Editorially independent, they provide the basic facts on the biggest challenges of the 21st century.
- 350 is building a global climate movement that is active in over 188 countries.
- The Road Through Paris fights for a climate agreement that keeps fossil fuels in the ground.
- 350 Off + On is a great presentation that discusses the future of the climate movement. Inspiring. Informative.
- Uplifting article to release feelings of powerlessness and take actions that make a difference!
- Moral Action on Climate Justice: September 24, 2015
- November 28-29 Climate rallies
- Background information of the top 20 women making waves in the climate debate. Awesome!!
- Citizens Climate Lobby works with members of Congress for a bipartisan bill putting a fee on carbon.
- The Climate Reality Project educates citizen volunteers to speak about Climate Change. I attended in 2013!
- CDP offers companies a platform to act and be recognized in supporting climate change solutions.
- Climate Mobilization is urging President Obama to declare a National Emergency on Climate and move to renewables at the fastest speed possible.
- Interfaith Power & Light mobilizes a religious response to global warming as faithful stewards of Creation.
- The Episcopal Church is actively involved in addressing the climate crisis. Many useful materials on their site.
- The Road to Paris is a campaign to help set a Solutions Agenda with business, financiers and governments that will support and complement the COP21 in Paris.
Locals in North Carolina, I’ll be starting a yoga class at Sfeer in Chapel Hill on October 14, plus teaching some local workshops! Click here for more information or call Betsey at 919-903-9557.