List of Consciousness Resources
Resources to explore on your path of awakening, healing, and empowerment on all levels.
SPIRITUAL & PERSONAL GROWTH:
Presence Process by Michael Brown
- This in a powerful process to clear the emotional body by gently, systematically, and deeply feeling our emotions. A 10-week program, which includes 15 min. of breathing practice twice a day. Transformative!
- Info about the Presence Process – www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuA_upSe1ts
Beyond Awakening Series
- Excellent resource! Free lectures exploring the evolution of consciousness with cutting edge thinkers, researchers, spiritual teachers, and activists, including Bruce Lipton, Ken Wilber, Deepak Chopra, Andrew Harvey, Sharon Salzburg, Ram Dass, Joanna Macy, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Jean Houston, and many more.
- Spiritual and meditation teacher; www.adyashanti.org. Teaches awakening as a point of entry into an inner revolution.
- The Way of Liberation by Adyashanti
Network of Spiritual Progressives
- This group promotes well thought-out changes that are needed to address the underlying structure that has been producing the problems in society.
- Bridges both spirituality and democracy/politics!
Spiritual Bypassing: When Spirituality Disconnects Us from What Really Matters by Robert Masters
- “Spiritual bypassing … includes exaggerated detachment, emotional numbing and repression, overemphasis on the positive, anger-phobia, blind or overly tolerant compassion, weak or too porous boundaries…” An important book for yogis!
Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We’re in without Going Crazy
- This book details how we can strengthen our capacity to face this global crisis that we’re in, so we can respond with unexpected resilience and creative power.
The Hope by Andrew Harvey
- www.andrewharvey.net; teaches Sacred Activism-the transforming force of wisdom, love and compassion-in-action to affect radical change in the world.
Gifts of Imperfection; Daring Greatly by Brene Brown; she’s also on www.Ted.com
- Clear, insightful and inspiring!List of Consciousness Resources
- www.cushnir.com; teachers the next wave of emotional intelligence, the missing link between self and Spirit
Perfect Love, Imperfect Relationships: Healing the Wound of the Heart by John Welwood
- Shows how all our relationship problems arise out of a universal, core wounding
- around love that affects not only our relationships but also the quality of our lives.
The Wisdom of the Enneagram by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson
- Complete guide to psychological and spiritual growth for the nine personality types
Empowerment: The Art of Creating Your Life as You Want It by David Gershon & Gail Straub
- How to transform limiting beliefs and behavior patterns that are holding you back from your potential
The Four Desires by Rod Stryker
A Brief History of Everything; The Integral Vision
- Plus many other books by Ken Wilber
- Integral visionary dedicated to serving the emergence of extraordinary new wave of consciousness; founder of Beyond Awakening Series
Integral Life Institute
- Lectures exploring the evolution of consciousness, from all perspectives
- Directed by Ken Wilber, philosopher and visionary
- Major teacher in the evolution of consciousness; courses, lectures, trainings, retreats
Barbara Marx Hubbard
- Created Birth 2012: a global party for the day after the Mayan calendar ends to celebrate the shift in consciousness
- Insightful 18-20 minute talks by people who are tops in their field; innovative
- Brene Brown (vulnerability & shame); Amy Cuddy (body language & hormones)List of Consciousness Resources
- Teacher on the evolution of consciousness; lectures, courses, trainings
- Buddhist psychologist; coined the concept of “spiritual bypassing”
- Many free articles and interviews on his website
- www.mariannewilliamson.com; author of A Return to Love; spiritual activist
Women on the Edge of Evolution
- Claire Zammit and Katherine Woodward Thomas exploring the shift in consciousness; very empowering; offer teleconference courses
Hearth Math Institute
- Dedicated to helping people establish heart-based living and global coherence
- Women exploring the shift in consciousness; lectures, teleconference courses
The Gentle Way
- Info about Most Benevolent Outcomes (MBO’s); sign up to receive newsletter
- Spiritual teacher who leads trainings and workshops; www.arjunaardagh.com
- Author of The Translucent RevolutionList of Consciousness Resources
HEALTH & SCIENCE: Also see the list under Climate/Environment
Spontaneous Evolution by Bruce Lipton
- Newest information on epigenetic research
The Field, the Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe by Lynne McTaggart
- “Crucial book for anyone wanting to understand cutting-edge research into consciousness and energy.”
Super Brain; Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul; Spiritual Solutions: Answers to Life’s Greatest Challenges plus many other books by Deepak Chopra
- Latest scientific research with a spiritual perspective
Bombshell by Suzanne Somers, plus all her other books;
- Very well researched; interviews with cutting-edge medical doctors & researchers
Dr. Mercola’s website: www.mercola.com;
- Alternative medical information by an M.D.
- www.greenmedinfo.com; articles on health and alternatives approaches
Wake Up World
- www.wakeup-world.com: “information from a different perspective”
War on Health – Documentary by Gary Null revealing the workings of the FDA
Hungry for Change website: Your health is in your hands
- www.HungryforChange.tv; great website for health information
Life Extension Foundation
- Current research on health; can purchase supplements they have researched
The Ultimate Wellness Center
Dr. Mark Hyman, Healthy Living Store
Advocate Precautionary Principle
- Idea to minimize/eliminate potential hazards before agreeing to a course of action
- All current GMO research is located on this site
Climate Reality Project
- www.climaterealityproject.org; scientific information about climate change
- Chairman is Al Gore, author of the documentary film An Inconvenient Truth and his new book, The Future: Six Drivers of Global Change
Reality Drop: Spread Truth. Destroy Denial.
- The latest composite research on climate change due to human influence.
- www.350.org/en; global movement to solve the climate crisis
Environmental Working Group – for info on a clean and safe environment
- www.EWG.org; also on this site is a link to Skin Deep for info on safe cosmetics
Alliance for a New Humanity
- Website by Deepak Chopra to promote global solutions to our pressing problems
Transition United States
- Grassroots movement to make the transition to a more sustainable world
- www.transitionsarasota.org: local transition group in Sarasota, FL.
Documentary: “Seeds of Death: Unveiling The Lies of GMO’s” – full movie
- Riveting, important documentary to understand the world food situation
Green Yoga by Georg Feuerstein & Brenda Feuerstein
- A clarion call for yogis to pay attention and get involved in climate issues
- www.beyondpesticides.org; works with allies to protect public health and the environment and to lead the transition to a world free of toxic pesticides List of Consciousness Resources
Internet sites for more progressive perspectives on the news: www.truth-out.org, www.truthdig.com , www.dailykos.com , www.thenation.com, www.democracynow.org, www.popularresistance.org (news about movements for peace and social, economic, and environmental justice)
Bill Moyers on PBS, Sunday afternoons; in-depth discussions on one topic of relevance to our democracy and our future
- Also see www.BillMoyers.com
- Excellent Marty Kaplan interview: www.billmoyers.com/segment/marty-kaplan-on-the-weapons-of-mass-distraction/
- Economic Inequality: www.billmoyers.com/spotlight/economic-inequality/
- 5 minute video on the ways inequality has been created: www.billmoyers.com/2013/07/10/inequality-is-created/
All In with Chris Hayes; Rachel Maddow Show on msnbc; many others as well
- Updates on politics from a progressive view point
Documentary: Inside Job
- The global economic crisis of 2008 cost tens of millions of people their savings, their jobs, and their homes. This is how it happened.
Andrew Sullivan, an intellectual conservative, a British author permanently residing in the U.S. He is an editor, political commentator, and blogger.
- Focus is mostly politics, but he also writes about culture and society
Cliffs I How And Why America’s Billionaires And The Republican/Libertarian/Tea Party Are Pushing Us Over by Curtis A. Moore
- Extensively researched; a must-read to know what is happening in our country!
The Little Blue Book: the Essential Guide to Thinking and Talking Democratic by George Lakoff & Elisabeth Wehling
- Important book to help people articulate the progressive values they stand for
Healing the Heart of Democracy and The Courage to Teach by Parker J. Palmer
- This book inspires us to get involved in our democracy, with humility and audacity!
The Global Heart Awakens, by Anodea Judith
- Her previous book, Waking the Global Heart, is also a great resource for an overview of the concepts in the global consciousness shiftList of Consciousness Resources
Social Change 2.0: A Blueprint for Reinventing Our World by David Gershon
- Author puts forth with clarity, brilliance, innovation, and passion a blueprint for sustainable societal transformation … to reignite the soul of any social movement.
Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women by Pulitzer Prize winners Nicholas D. Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn
- This book focuses on one of our era’s most pervasive human rights violation: the oppression of women and girls in the developing world.
- www.Avaaz.org; website for global activism; petitions for issues around the world
- www.moveon.org; activist organization, promoting progressive causes & democracy
Douglas Brooks, college professor
- Weekend workshops, retreats, online courses in philosophy, history of yoga, etc.
Bill Mahoney, college professor
- Author of Exquisite Love, on the Bhakti Sutras; weekend workshops
Sally Kempton, meditation teacher
- Can sign up to receive her articles regularly, through www.Patheos.com website
Paul Mueller, former college professor
- Year long meditation courses; workshops and retreatsList of Consciousness Resources