SPIRITUAL & PERSONAL GROWTH:
Power vs Force: The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior by David R. Hawkins,MD, PhD
- "Imagine — what if you had access to a simple yes-or-no answer to any question you wished to ask? A demonstrably true answer. Any question … think about it." This is an amazing book to give you just that!
Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender by David R. Hawkins,MD, PhD
- "Letting Go describes a simple and effective means by which to let go of the obstacles to Enlightenment and become free of negativity."
Discovery of the Presence of God: Devotional Nonduality by David R. Hawkins, MD, PhD
- In this book, Dr. Hawkins reveals "the pristine essence of all Spiritual Truth in it’s purity with unprecedented clarity, devoid of ecclesiastical doctrine or religions belief systems. It becomes clear that to truly ‘know’ is to ‘be’ rather than to ‘know about’."
Presence Process by Michael Brown
- This in a powerful process to clear the emotional body by gently, systematically, and deeply feeling our emotions. A 10-week program, which includes 15 min. of breathing practice twice a day. Transformative!
- Info about the Presence Process – www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuA_upSe1ts
Conscious Lifestyle Magazine – http://www.consciouslifestylemag.com
- This excellent magazine offers powerful, practical tools, techniques, wisdom and inspiration for living a full life, so that you can play your essential part in the consciousness shift taking place on the planet.
Mary O’Malley – www.maryomalley.com/
- Mary teaches that "joy and inner peace are our birthright, and meeting our fears and self judgment with curiosity and compassion is the doorway."
- Check out her article about the path to higher Consciousness: www.consciouslifestylemag.com/the-six-levels-of-higher-consciousness-how-to-make-the-shift/
Beyond Awakening Series
- Excellent resource! Free lectures exploring the evolution of consciousness with cutting edge thinkers, researchers, spiritual teachers, and activists, including Bruce Lipton, Ken Wilber, Deepak Chopra, Andrew Harvey, Sharon Salzburg, Ram Dass, Joanna Macy, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Jean Houston, and many more.
- Spiritual and meditation teacher; www.adyashanti.org. Teaches awakening as a point of entry into an inner revolution.
- The Way of Liberation by Adyashanti
Spiritual Bypassing: When Spirituality Disconnects Us from What Really Matters by Robert Masters
- “Spiritual bypassing … includes exaggerated detachment, emotional numbing and repression, overemphasis on the positive, anger-phobia, blind or overly tolerant compassion, weak or too porous boundaries…” An important book for yogis!
Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We’re in without Going Crazy
- This book details how we can strengthen our capacity to face this global crisis that we’re in, so we can respond with unexpected resilience and creative power.
The Hope by Andrew Harvey
- www.andrewharvey.net; teaches Sacred Activism-the transforming force of wisdom, love and compassion-in-action to affect radical change in the world.
Gifts of Imperfection; Daring Greatly by Brene Brown; she’s also on www.Ted.com
- Clear, insightful and inspiring!
- www.cushnir.com; teachers the next wave of emotional intelligence, the missing link between self and Spirit
Perfect Love, Imperfect Relationships: Healing the Wound of the Heart by John Welwood
- Shows how all our relationship problems arise out of a universal, core wounding
- around love that affects not only our relationships but also the quality of our lives.
The Wisdom of the Enneagram by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson
- Complete guide to psychological and spiritual growth for the nine personality types
Warrior Pose: How Yoga (Literally) Saved My Life by Brad Willis, aka Bhava Ram
- “This book is a bright beacon of practical wisdom and guidance, inspiring us to reach for greatness and reminding us that we each posses an amazing capacity to achieve a more healthy and joyful life as well as our most heartfelt dreams. Read it and you too will be emboldened to soar.” —Rod Stryker, Para Yoga
Network of Spiritual Progressives
- This group promotes well thought-out changes that are needed to address the underlying structure that has been producing the problems in society.
- Bridges both spirituality and democracy/politics!
Empowerment: The Art of Creating Your Life as You Want It by David Gershon & Gail Straub
- How to transform limiting beliefs and behavior patterns that are holding you back from your potential
The Four Desires by Rod Stryker
- Presents a step-by-step process that will change your life: enabling you to “fulfill your destiny, achieve lasting happiness, and make the contribution to the world that only you can make”.
- Integral visionary dedicated to serving the emergence of extraordinary new wave of consciousness; founder of Beyond Awakening Series
Integral Life Institute
- Lectures exploring the evolution of consciousness, from all perspectives
- Directed by Ken Wilber, philosopher and visionary
- Major teacher in the evolution of consciousness; courses, lectures, trainings, retreats
Barbara Marx Hubbard
- Created Birth 2012: a global party for the day after the Mayan calendar ends to celebrate the shift in consciousness
- Insightful 18-20 minute talks by people who are tops in their field; innovative
- Brene Brown (vulnerability & shame); Amy Cuddy (body language & hormones)
- Teacher on the evolution of consciousness; lectures, courses, trainings
- Buddhist psychologist; coined the concept of “spiritual bypassing”
- Many free articles and interviews on his website
Women on the Edge of Evolution
- Claire Zammit and Katherine Woodward Thomas exploring the shift in consciousness; very empowering; offer teleconference courses
Hearth Math Institute
- Dedicated to helping people establish heart-based living and global coherence
- Women exploring the shift in consciousness; lectures, teleconference courses
The Gentle Way
- Info about Most Benevolent Outcomes (MBO’s); sign up to receive newsletter
- Spiritual teacher who leads trainings and workshops; www.arjunaardagh.com
- Author of The Translucent Revolution
Douglas Brooks, college professor
Bill Mahoney, college professor
- Author of Exquisite Love, on the Bhakti Sutras; weekend workshops
Sally Kempton, meditation teacher
Paul Mueller, former college professor
- Year long meditation courses; workshops and retreats