JOB ONE FOR HUMANITY – TO END GLOBAL WARMING
* Includes a Petition to Declare a Global Warming State of Emergency.
* Clearly to End Global Warming is our number one priority. If we don’t tackle that successfully, and soon, we risk leaving an uninhabitable Earth for our children and grandchildren".
* I’ve signed the petition and hope you’ll join me!
* The website includes an eBook you can download and also a current summary of the climate situation. There are also options to receive regular updates on the latest climate science plus a roadmap for what’s necessary to reduce our Greenhouse gases.
The Great Disruption by Paul Gilding
* Why the Climate Crisis Will Bring on the End of Shopping and the Birth of a New World
- "It’s time to stop just worrying about climate change. Instead we need to brace for impact, because global crisis is no longer avoidable. We have come to the end of a world economy based on consumption and waste, where we live beyond our planet’s means".
- "This book offers a stark and unflinching look at the challenge humanity faces, yet also a deeply optimistic message".
- Watch a great Ted Talk by Paul.
- "Climate change is a civilizational wake-up call, a powerful message delivered in the language of fires, floods, storms, and droughts. Confronting it is no longer about changing the lightbulbs. It’s about changing the world – before the world changes so drastically that no one is safe".
- A powerful book that lays out our choices with clarity and insight. A must-read!
- Excellent series of nine 45-minute documentaries; available on Netflix and iTunes
- Details a variety of climate issues around the world; informative as well as entertaining
Unprecedented, Can Civilization Survive the CO2 Crisis? by David Ray Griffin
* This book …"is a tour de force of enormous importance for our planetary future. In his superb analysis of climate change through the lens of science, politics, economics, energy, morality, and religion, Griffin has provided a wealth of insight for how to move forward."
Climate Reality Project; scientific information about climate change
* www.climaterealityproject.org; scientific information about climate change
* Al Gore, author of the documentary film An Inconvenient Truth and his new book, The Future: Six Drivers of Global Change
- The latest composite research on climate change due to human influence.
- www.350.org/en; global movement to solve the climate crisis
Merchants of Doubt, How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming by Naomi Oreskes & Erik M. Conway
- Book and documentary: "Oreskes and Conway tell an important story about the misuse of science to mislead the public on matters ranging from the risks of smoking to the reality of global warming."
Don’t Even Think About it, Why Our Brains are Wired to Ignore Climate Change by George Marshall
- "Most of us recognize that climate change is real, and yet we do nothing to stop it…."
- This online guide produced by Consumer Affairs gives a plethora of helpful information and options in considering solar. It includes a comparison of brands, financing options, costs, and expert reviews.
The More beautiful World that Our Hearts Know is Possible by Charles Eisenstein
- "an empowering antidote to the cynicism, frustration, paralysis, and overwhelm so many of us are feeling…."
- "story of a worldwide movement that is largely unseen by politicians or the media"
World on the Edge, How to Prevent Environmental and Economic Collapse by Lester R. Brown (described as "one of the world’s most influential thinkers")
- Lays out a clear, evidence-based Plan B to change course and move onto a path of sustainable progress; very informative website: www.earth-policy.org
- He shares what he considers are the four great goals to restoring civilization’s equilibrium
- massive cut in global carbon emissions
- stabilization of world population
- abatement of poverty
- restoration of our planet’s diverse natural landscape
- Details of the transition that is now unfolding; Brown’s last book before retiring in 2015.
How to Change Minds about Our Changing Climate by Seth B. Darling and Douglas L. Sisterson
* "Let science do the talking the next time someone tries to tell you …"
Environmental Working Group – for info on a clean and safe environment
- www.EWG.org; also on this site is a link to Skin Deep for info on safe cosmetics
- Riveting, important documentary to understand the world food situation
- A clarion call for yogis to pay attention and get involved in climate issues
- www.beyondpesticides.org; works with allies to protect public health and the environment and to lead the transition to a world free of toxic pesticides
- Idea to minimize/eliminate potential hazards before agreeing to a course of action
- www.appprecautionaryprinciple.wordpress.com/category/gmos; all current GMO research is located on this site