SPIRITUAL & PERSONAL GROWTH:
Presence Process by Michael Brown
- This in a powerful process to clear the emotional body by gently, systematically, and deeply feeling our emotions. A 10-week program, which includes 15 min. of breathing practice twice a day. Transformative!
- Info about the Presence Process – www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuA_upSe1ts
Beyond Awakening Series
- Excellent resource! Free lectures exploring the evolution of consciousness with cutting edge thinkers, researchers, spiritual teachers, and activists, including Bruce Lipton, Ken Wilber, Deepak Chopra, Andrew Harvey, Sharon Salzburg, Ram Dass, Joanna Macy, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Jean Houston, and many more.
- Spiritual and meditation teacher; www.adyashanti.org. Teaches awakening as a point of entry into an inner revolution.
- The Way of Liberation by Adyashanti
Spiritual Bypassing: When Spirituality Disconnects Us from What Really Matters by Robert Masters
- “Spiritual bypassing … includes exaggerated detachment, emotional numbing and repression, overemphasis on the positive, anger-phobia, blind or overly tolerant compassion, weak or too porous boundaries…” An important book for yogis!
Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We’re in without Going Crazy
- This book details how we can strengthen our capacity to face this global crisis that we’re in, so we can respond with unexpected resilience and creative power.
The Hope by Andrew Harvey
- www.andrewharvey.net; teaches Sacred Activism-the transforming force of wisdom, love and compassion-in-action to affect radical change in the world.
Gifts of Imperfection; Daring Greatly by Brene Brown; she’s also on www.Ted.com
- Clear, insightful and inspiring!
- www.cushnir.com; teachers the next wave of emotional intelligence, the missing link between self and Spirit
Perfect Love, Imperfect Relationships: Healing the Wound of the Heart by John Welwood
- Shows how all our relationship problems arise out of a universal, core wounding
- around love that affects not only our relationships but also the quality of our lives.
The Wisdom of the Enneagram by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson
- Complete guide to psychological and spiritual growth for the nine personality types
Warrior Pose: How Yoga (Literally) Saved My Life by Brad Willis, aka Bhava Ram
- “This book is a bright beacon of practical wisdom and guidance, inspiring us to reach for greatness and reminding us that we each posses an amazing capacity to achieve a more healthy and joyful life as well as our most heartfelt dreams. Read it and you too will be emboldened to soar.” —Rod Stryker, Para Yoga
Network of Spiritual Progressives
- This group promotes well thought-out changes that are needed to address the underlying structure that has been producing the problems in society.
- Bridges both spirituality and democracy/politics!
Empowerment: The Art of Creating Your Life as You Want It by David Gershon & Gail Straub
- How to transform limiting beliefs and behavior patterns that are holding you back from your potential
The Four Desires by Rod Stryker
- Presents a step-by-step process that will change your life: enabling you to “fulfill your destiny, achieve lasting happiness, and make the contribution to the world that only you can make”.
- Integral visionary dedicated to serving the emergence of extraordinary new wave of consciousness; founder of Beyond Awakening Series
Integral Life Institute
- Lectures exploring the evolution of consciousness, from all perspectives
- Directed by Ken Wilber, philosopher and visionary
- Major teacher in the evolution of consciousness; courses, lectures, trainings, retreats
Barbara Marx Hubbard
- Created Birth 2012: a global party for the day after the Mayan calendar ends to celebrate the shift in consciousness
- Insightful 18-20 minute talks by people who are tops in their field; innovative
- Brene Brown (vulnerability & shame); Amy Cuddy (body language & hormones)
- Teacher on the evolution of consciousness; lectures, courses, trainings
- Buddhist psychologist; coined the concept of “spiritual bypassing”
- Many free articles and interviews on his website
Women on the Edge of Evolution
- Claire Zammit and Katherine Woodward Thomas exploring the shift in consciousness; very empowering; offer teleconference courses
Hearth Math Institute
- Dedicated to helping people establish heart-based living and global coherence
- Women exploring the shift in consciousness; lectures, teleconference courses
The Gentle Way
- Info about Most Benevolent Outcomes (MBO’s); sign up to receive newsletter
- Spiritual teacher who leads trainings and workshops; www.arjunaardagh.com
- Author of The Translucent Revolution
Douglas Brooks, college professor
Bill Mahoney, college professor
- Author of Exquisite Love, on the Bhakti Sutras; weekend workshops
Sally Kempton, meditation teacher
Paul Mueller, former college professor
- Year long meditation courses; workshops and retreats
HEALTH & SCIENCE:
Also see the list under Climate/Environment
Spontaneous Evolution by Bruce Lipton
- Newest information on epigenetic research
The Field, the Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe by Lynne McTaggart
- “Crucial book for anyone wanting to understand cutting-edge research into consciousness and energy.”
Super Brain; Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul; Spiritual Solutions: Answers to Life’s Greatest Challenges plus many other books by Deepak Chopra
- Latest scientific research with a spiritual perspective
Bombshell by Suzanne Somers, plus all her other books;
- Very well researched; interviews with cutting-edge medical doctors & researchers
Dr. Mercola’s website: www.mercola.com;
- Alternative medical information by an M.D.
- www.greenmedinfo.com; articles on health and alternatives approaches
Wake Up World
- www.wakeup-world.com: “information from a different perspective”
War on Health – Documentary by Gary Null revealing the workings of the FDA
Hungry for Change website: Your health is in your hands
- www.HungryforChange.tv; great website for health information
Life Extension Foundation
- Current research on health; can purchase supplements they have researched
The Ultimate Wellness Center
Dr. Mark Hyman, Healthy Living Store
Look at a variety of sources known to be grounded in "evidence-based facts", in order to get greater knowledge and a broader perspective: including PBS News Hour, BBC World News, and NPR. Also check alternative sources on information on the internet.
Internet sites for more progressive perspectives on the news: www.truth-out.org, www.truthdig.com , www.dailykos.com , www.thenation.com, www.democracynow.org, www.popularresistance.org (news about movements for peace and social, economic, and environmental justice)
Bill Moyers on PBS, Sunday afternoons; in-depth discussions on one topic of relevance to our democracy and our future
- Also see www.BillMoyers.com
- Excellent Marty Kaplan interview: www.billmoyers.com/segment/marty-kaplan-on-the-weapons-of-mass-distraction/
- Economic Inequality: www.billmoyers.com/spotlight/economic-inequality/
- 5 minute video on the ways inequality has been created: www.billmoyers.com/2013/07/10/inequality-is-created/
All In with Chris Hayes; Rachel Maddow Show on msnbc; many other msnbc hosts as well
- Updates on politics from a progressive view point
- Bernie believes that in the richest nation in the history of the world, all Americans should enjoy a decent standard of living.
Documentary: Inside Job
- The global economic crisis of 2008 cost tens of millions of people their savings, their jobs, and their homes. This is how it happened.
Andrew Sullivan, an intellectual conservative, a British author permanently residing in the U.S. He is an editor, political commentator, and blogger.
- Focus is mostly politics, but he also writes about culture and society
Cliffs I How And Why America’s Billionaires And The Republican/Libertarian/Tea Party Are Pushing Us Over by Curtis A. Moore
- Extensively researched; a must-read to know what is happening in our country!
The Little Blue Book: the Essential Guide to Thinking and Talking Democratic by George Lakoff & Elisabeth Wehling
- Important book to help people articulate the progressive values they stand for
Healing the Heart of Democracy and The Courage to Teach by Parker J. Palmer
- This book inspires us to get involved in our democracy, with humility and audacity!
The Global Heart Awakens, by Anodea Judith
- Her previous book, Waking the Global Heart, is also a great resource for an overview of the concepts in the global consciousness shift
Social Change 2.0: A Blueprint for Reinventing Our World by David Gershon
- Author puts forth with clarity, brilliance, innovation, and passion a blueprint for sustainable societal transformation … to reignite the soul of any social movement.
Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women by Pulitzer Prize winners Nicholas D. Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn
- This book focuses on one of our era’s most pervasive human rights violation: the oppression of women and girls in the developing world.
- Emily’s List is a political action committee (PAC) in the United States that aims to help elect pro-choice Democratic female candidates to office.
- www.Avaaz.org; website for global activism; petitions for issues around the world
- www.moveon.org; activist organization, promoting progressive causes & democracy
The Progressive Populist
- www.populist.com; The Progressive Populist reports from the heartland of America on issues of interest to workers, small-business owners and family farmers and ranchers. It serves as The People’s Voice in a Corporate World.