SPIRITUAL & PERSONAL GROWTH:
Tara Brach, Buddhist teacher
- Compassionate and wise teacher. Dharma talks, guided meditations; many additional presentations on YouTube
- Inspiring Action For A Better World Since 1996. Nonprofit, Independent, Ad-Free.
- Highlights: Reframing Issues And Outlining A Path Forward, Giving A Voice To The People…
- This excellent magazine offers powerful, practical tools, techniques, wisdom and inspiration for living a full life, so that you can play your essential part in the consciousness shift taking place on the planet.
Power vs Force: The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior by David R. Hawkins,MD, PhD
- “Imagine — what if you had access to a simple yes-or-no answer to any question you wished to ask? A demonstrably true answer. Any question … think about it.” This is an amazing book to give you just that!
Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender by David R. Hawkins,MD, PhD
- “Letting Go describes a simple and effective means by which to let go of the obstacles to Enlightenment and become free of negativity.”
The Presence Process by Michael Brown
- This in a powerful process to clear the emotional body by gently, systematically, and deeply feeling our emotions. A self-directed 10-week program, which includes 15 min. of breathing practice twice a day. Transformative!
- Excellent resource! Free lectures exploring the evolution of consciousness with cutting edge thinkers, researchers, spiritual teachers, and activists, including Bruce Lipton, Ken Wilber, Deepak Chopra, Andrew Harvey, Sharon Salzburg, Ram Dass, Joanna Macy, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Jean Houston, and many more.
- Spiritual and meditation teacher; www.adyashanti.org. Teaches awakening as a point of entry into an inner revolution.
- The Way of Liberation by Adyashanti
- “Spiritual bypassing … includes exaggerated detachment, emotional numbing and repression, overemphasis on the positive, anger-phobia, blind or overly tolerant compassion, weak or too porous boundaries…” An important book for yogis!
- This book details how we can strengthen our capacity to face this global crisis that we’re in, so we can respond with unexpected resilience and creative power.
- www.andrewharvey.net; teaches Sacred Activism-the transforming force of wisdom, love and compassion-in-action to affect radical change in the world.
- Clear, insightful and inspiring!
- www.cushnir.com; teaches the next wave of emotional intelligence, the missing link between self and Spirit
- Shows how all our relationship problems arise out of a universal, core wounding around love that affects not only our relationships but also the quality of our lives.
- Complete guide to psychological and spiritual growth for the nine personality types
- “This book is a bright beacon of practical wisdom and guidance, inspiring us to reach for greatness and reminding us that we each posses an amazing capacity to achieve a more healthy and joyful life as well as our most heartfelt dreams. Read it and you too will be emboldened to soar.” —Rod Stryker, Para Yoga
- This group promotes well thought-out changes that are needed to address the underlying structure that has been producing the problems in society.
- Bridges both spirituality and democracy/politics!
- Integral visionary dedicated to serving the emergence of extraordinary new wave of consciousness; founder of Beyond Awakening Series
- Lectures exploring the evolution of consciousness, from all perspectives
- Directed by Ken Wilber, philosopher and visionary
- Major teacher in the evolution of consciousness; courses, lectures, trainings, retreats
- Created Birth 2012: a global party for the day after the Mayan calendar ends to celebrate the shift in consciousness
- Insightful 18-20 minute talks by people who are tops in their field; innovative
- Brene Brown (vulnerability & shame); Amy Cuddy (body language & hormones)
- Teacher on the evolution of consciousness; lectures, courses, trainings
- Buddhist psychologist; coined the concept of “spiritual bypassing”
- Many free articles and interviews on his website
- www.mariannewilliamson.com; author of A Return to Love; spiritual activist
- Claire Zammit and Katherine Woodward Thomas exploring the shift in consciousness; very empowering; offer teleconference courses
- Dedicated to helping people establish heart-based living and global coherence
- Women exploring the shift in consciousness; lectures, teleconference courses
- Spiritual teacher who leads trainings and workshops; www.arjunaardagh.com
- Author of The Translucent Revolution
- Author of Exquisite Love, on the Bhakti Sutras; weekend workshops
- Year long meditation courses; workshops and retreats
HEALTH & SCIENCE:
Also see the list under Climate/Environment
- Newest information on epigenetic research
- “Crucial book for anyone wanting to understand cutting-edge research into consciousness and energy.”
- Latest scientific research with a spiritual perspective
- Alternative medical information by an M.D.
- www.greenmedinfo.com; articles on health and alternatives approaches
- www.wakeup-world.com: “information from a different perspective”
- www.HungryforChange.tv; great website for health information
- Current research on health; can purchase supplements they have researched
- Also see www.BillMoyers.com
- Excellent Marty Kaplan interview: www.billmoyers.com/segment/marty-kaplan-on-the-weapons-of-mass-distraction/
- Economic Inequality: www.billmoyers.com/spotlight/economic-inequality/
- 5 minute video on the ways inequality has been created: www.billmoyers.com/2013/07/10/inequality-is-created/
- Bernie believes that in the richest nation in the history of the world, all Americans should enjoy a decent standard of living.
- The global economic crisis of 2008 cost tens of millions of people their savings, their jobs, and their homes. This is how it happened.
- He is an editor, political commentator, and blogger. He focuses mostly politics, but he also writes about culture and society
- Extensively researched; a must-read to know what is happening in our country!
- Important book to help people articulate the progressive values they stand for
- This book inspires us to get involved in our democracy, with humility and audacity!
- A great resource for concepts in the global consciousness shift
- Author puts forth with clarity, brilliance, innovation, and passion a blueprint for sustainable societal transformation … to reignite the soul of any social movement.
- This book focuses on one of our era’s most pervasive human rights violations: the oppression of women and girls in the developing world.
- Website for global activism; petitions for issues around the world
- This bi-weekly newspaper reports on issues of interest to workers, small-business owners and family farmers and ranchers. It serves as The People’s Voice in a Corporate World.