TRAINING IN COMPASSION AND RESILIENCE BOOK CLUB
Thursday, April 22, 2021
PREPARATIONS FOR THIS SESSION:
* Read pages 39-50, slogans 9, 10, and 11.
(For yoga practitioners, note the similarity to yoga concepts in these slogans!)
Practice sitting mindfulness meditation, 4 or more times a week, with kindness and curiosity
Consider asking one of these questions at the end of your meditation:
(Feel free to substitute another word for “Universe” if you prefer: my Higher Self, All That Is, the Divine, etc.)
* What gifts does the Universe want to bring forth through me at this time?
* What does the Universe want from me today?
* What advice does my Higher Self have for me today?
* What do I want from the Universe today?
Observe how the “three poisons” operate in your mind and life.
CONTEMPLATION QUESTIONS: (Contemplate and journal about these questions)
Give an example of how you could apply Slogan 9: Turn things around in your life.
How could you apply greater “patience” in your life, as the author discusses in slogan 11?